Confessions of a Floss Licker

Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Tribute to Teresa Wentzler

I found out a day or two ago that my favorite cross stitch designer is closing her business and will no longer be churning out incredible cross stitch designs. I can only say that I'm heartbroken.
I taught myself to stitch around the time I turned 16. I didn't get passionate about my new hobby until I found TW's designs. I first saw Castle and bought the chart without thinking. It wasn't until 1998 (when I finally had access to the internet) when I put Fantasy Tryptych, Castle Sampler, and Castle together to find out they were from the same designer. I looked her name up (one of my first things to do ever on the internet) to see if she had a website. Not only did she have one but she also had a bulletin board which I joined immediately! I'm happy to say that through the TW website and bulletin board that I made some good (stitching) friends that I've now kept for years. I was also fortunate to meet Teresa at a CATS show. That is one thing I will never forget.

So Thank You Teresa for your fabulous designs. My life would be less colorful without them. I have only finished 6 of them, but I have a lot more started and plan to see them through to framing so I can hang them on my walls.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors and please know that your true fans will be here forever. (If you so choose to ever create some designs for us again.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home