Confessions of a Floss Licker

Friday, June 19, 2009

Sad News and Personal Challenges

I am saddened by the news that we've lost yet another Designer. Marc Davis of Needlemania passed away yesterday. He was at home, in his chair with his stitching and his dogs. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

I really dislike reminders of my mortality. It makes me think of what will happen to all my projects that are in various states of being worked on. So this is a wake up call to me. I'm setting a personal challenge to myself. I'm going to try to not start anything new for the rest of the year and just work on already started projects. Wish me luck! (Of course the exception is if I finish Book of Ink Circles so I can start Brambles and the Rose.)

The second challenge is to not buy any new charts for the rest of the year. I subscribed to the Gift of Stitching magazine and have the latest two issues of Just Cross Stitch. (Of course the exception there is the Christmas ornament issue of JCS.) This should help me concentrate better on the first challenge. I'll try to remember to post progress here more often.

1 Comments:

  • ((hugs))

    On the other hand, given that we never know how long (or short) we have, isn't it better to at least start everything that catches our eye and brings joy to our heart?

    By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home