Confessions of a Floss Licker

Monday, August 31, 2009

August stitching

Life has evened out a bit and my stitching got (somewhat) back to normal. I was stitching a couple of hours most nights which is a good thing.

I have an exemption to my challenge. A model. I was contacted by a designer that I've worked for previously who needed something stitched. I figured it would take a week or so to get the kit so I agreed. Otherwise, I've not started anything new for myself.

Book of Ink Circles was going along great! Even after I received the model, because they usually start out a bit slow. But then I get into the groove and the model becomes the focus piece. So I must admit that I have, for the majority of the last week, been ignoring my Book of Ink Circles in favor of the model. However, the designer wants it done "quickly" so I do need to focus on the model for the time being.

I set a new goal today. I am going to finish my Book of Ink Circles before the end of the year. I'll let you know how that's going when I get another week's worth of work into the model. I'm hoping that a total of 3.5 weeks worth of work will see it finished.

Other than that, everything else that I've mentioned in the last month or so has been temporarily put aside. Mickey Mouse, Castles in the Air and my Tuscany scissors fob have not seen a needle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home