Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Progress slowed

I finished the book I bought last week then spent most of the evening cheering up a friend who was down in the dumps. Therefore I didn't get much stitching done. It's kinda been a lot like that lately. Plus, I had a faire-type gig last weekend and didn't get any stitching done.

I got some good work in on Emerald Mermaid before the first phone call came. That phone call was a discussion of stash, what kind to buy for the project, and where to get it. That was what made me get on the computer to begin with. I took the M Designs letter with me into the computer room but got very little work done.

Golden Hearts is about 50% done now. I've been trying to figure out how to finish it. I had thought to make it into a pillow, but maybe it should just be a wall hanging. I've got two weeks to get it finished. I'm taking it with me this weekend and if I get it finished while I'm gone I will head to the fabric store next week to find coordinating fabric to make it a wall hanging.

I have found out that the recipient of the M Designs letter that I'm working on won't be where I'll be when it needs to be done. So basically I've extended my deadline for this. I'll keep working on it steadily, but I now don't need to hurry. I've got two more weeks.

I've got a system now for Emmy - two needle's worth of thread and one of beads. I've decided that if I alternate this way then the beads will get on faster and I'll be less frustrated with it. At least there's very little backstitch. She's looking really good right now. I'm going to be taking her with me as well.

1 Comments:

  • Your system for Emmy sounds good, and I might have to borrow it. I have had a floating head for a little while now ;)

    By Blogger Suz, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home