Confessions of a Floss Licker

Monday, March 06, 2006

Not much done...

Well, the call never came so it was a home alone weekend. However, I did get a call earlier in the week that got me motivated to get some sewing done. Yes, I needed to make a few shirts for faire. On one, all I needed to do was finish the neckline. Ok, I did that. Then I needed to make a few others for my daughter. Skirts (which she wears) are easy and as hers were getting a little short, so those were the first things made last year. Somehow the shirts were put off. (Yeah, a little more involved than skirts.)

Then I got a call from one of my best friends. She said she needed a shirt and we talked about swapping the shirt for her making me some boxers. Ok, no problem. I've got this great pattern and she's about my size so it was easy. I cranked out two shirts this weekend. I made mistakes on the first one and it took a little time to correct those. But I got two done and I've got a third cut out and ready to be put together. If the kids make dinner tonight I can get that one done with no problem too. Of course we need them for this weekend! Oh well, I always work better under a deadline.

What all this means is that I got very little stitching done this weekend. I put a couple of needle's worth into Rose Arbor and one into my scissorskeep. Other than that, it was all sewing this weekend. I can't promise to get back to it this week as I want to finish up the sewing while I'm on a roll.

And honestly, DD could use a few more shirts. All she has is one short-sleeved one. What would be ideal would be two tank-tops, two short-sleeved and two long-sleeved. I've got to get busy! She's going to need at least one long-sleeved shirt for this weekend and that's what I've got cut out and ready to be sewn. If I get it done tonight and it fits her I may go ahead and get the second one done this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home