Confessions of a Floss Licker

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Stitch from Stash September

Budget $25
Spent $35.25
Brought forward from last month $48
Total Available $37.75

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  It started off with a tree in front of the house falling into the street.  Then a few days later we left for "vacation".  My truck overheated, two days were majorly disappointing, I got a call that my Dad had a stroke (while we were in the Happiest Place on Earth), and we got hit (car accident) on the way home.  Once home there were lots of trips to the hospital.  (Dad is now home and doing really well!)
Plus I've been doing nothing but model stitching for months now to meet deadlines.  I'll be finished with this one within 10 days or so if I've calculated correctly.  So I decided to treat myself to a couple of charts.  I placed an order with Stitching Bits and Bobs for Little House Needleworks charts: Needleworker (which comes with Crescent Colors threads) and Robin Hood.  Hopefully soon I can start collecting their Hometown Holiday designs.
Update:  Thread score!  I was at an estate sale and came across a dozen skeins of thread wrapped together.  I paid $1 for it.  They are DMC and made in France.  The label says "A BRODER, Qualte speciale, DMC 18, 20 metres, Dollfus-Mieg & Cie, Mulhouse-Belfort-Paris".  I've sent an email to DMC to determine how old it is and how someone from the US obtained it.  I found something similar on the DMC UK website but their thread numbers go from 16 to 20.  I'll post here if I get any info.

5 Comments:

  • I have had bad weeks like that. Hope things start looking up for you.

    By Blogger Dianne, at 7:35 AM  

  • So happy your Dad is going better, and sorry that your trip to and from Disneyland weren't the best. I was there this past weekend for my birthday celebration :) I love it, but hubby doesn't so don't get to go as much as I would like!!

    Sandy

    By Blogger Sandy, at 7:52 PM  

  • So happy your Dad is going better, and sorry that your trip to and from Disneyland weren't the best. I was there this past weekend for my birthday celebration :) I love it, but hubby doesn't so don't get to go as much as I would like!!

    Sandy

    By Blogger Sandy, at 7:52 PM  

  • Sorry your vacation was so difficult. Glad your Dad is doing better.

    I've often wondered who stitches the models I see in shops. Are you one of those people?

    You can find my blog here: https://mansememories.wordpress.com/

    By Blogger Karen, at 4:25 PM  

  • Hey there, I read your blog which moments you mentioned in your blog i feel sorry for you that you has this much difficult vacation but on the other side i feel happy for your dad.Keep post a blogs like this.we have a DESMUME that will speed up your gaming experience. Install it and enjoy speeding up all your games.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home