Confessions of a Floss Licker

Monday, February 23, 2015

Stitches West!

It was a fantastic day! DH and I went with a couple of friends of ours and we all had a good time. My first stop was The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The first time I've seen a cross stitch booth there! I bought two patterns - the show exclusive and a Halloween pattern.  I was given a small chart for free.  The next stop was for a couple of needle minders at A Needle Runs Through It. I bought one for my niece and one for myself. (It was a busy weekend so I will take pics and post them maybe tonight.) My next purchase was a "square" crochet hook (the handle) and a beautiful blue/green skein of Malabrigo (Yarn Barn). But that still wasn't the hook I wanted. So I headed over to Webs where I found the Knitters Pride hooks. I found most of the sizes all jumbled up on 3 display hooks. Thinking they were all one size we moved on. Over at Dizzy Blonde they had yarn named after the Characters from Firefly. I purchased a skein of Captain Tight Pants for DH. :) Still wanting those Knitters Pride hooks we went back to the Webs booth. I took off a bunch of hooks to find more than one size on the display. I pulled a bunch off to find the sizes I wanted. My DH took one out of my hand and bought it for me! Then proceeded to tell me that there were scissors in the booth behind me. I couldn't resist because I collect embroidery scissors. I bought a new pair before telling everybody I was ready to go. My DH also presented me with a new rosewood crochet hook! What a sweetie! It's been a while since I have been able to get this much at once. Now to get started using all the fun new stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home