Confessions of a Floss Licker

Friday, February 06, 2015

February 2015

I just got back from a very short shopping trip. At Walmart I spent all of $1.07 on 3 skeins of floss. It looks like I'll be going to Joann's to get the rest I need. There's a 50% off 1 regular priced item coupon and 30% off your total order coupon. I'm sure I'll be using at least one if not both of those. I bought some yarn too. A ball of cotton was $1.91. And Dollar Tree had some as well. I bought 4 skeins of Vickie Howell's Sheep(ish) in Pink(ish) and one Bernat's Knit or Knot in purple glitter all for $1 each. I saw that Joann's.com was selling the Sheep(ish) for $3.99 a skein on sale for $3.39 and the Knit or Knot for $10.49 on sale for $7.34 so a savings of $15.90 including whatever it would cost for shipping. A total of $7.31 spent on yarn. If I'm able, I think I might go back tomorrow and see if there's anything left. I will be going to Stitches West on February 21st. I don't have much of a budget and I don't have anything specific that I'm looking for to buy. But I know I will be getting something. I will post after the epic shopping day that I know it will be. Update: I went back to Dollar Tree and they had more! So I bought 4 more skeins of the Knit or Knot. I think I'm going to use this for some cowls or infinity scarves. As for Stitches West, I started collecting some "new" crochet hooks (Knitters Pride Dreamz) and I'm hoping to get at least one more. There is also going to be someone with needle minders and a cross stitch booth that are making up some kits. I will definitely be checking those out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home