Confessions of a Floss Licker

Friday, October 12, 2012

So many projects, so little time...

First off, we didn't make the World Record for knitters. Hey, I did my best. I brought 5 people with me who were all participating. I didn't count, but I would hazard a guess that we had somewhere between 100-200 people there. Really quite disappointing. However, it was on Sunday and I don't know what (if any) advertising happened. However, it was a beautiful day! I got to hang out with my Fiance and a few friends. I got to knit when I'm mostly just crocheting these days. I allowed myself to buy some spinning related materials! I got a new hand spindle (extremely light weight. I'll have to look out for that in the future.) and some beautiful RED roving that has pieces of silk and sparkly fibers in it. (I can't wait to spin it! I'm looking forward to seeing how much yarn I get for 3.5 oz of roving - then make me a scarf!) I also got some white, plain wool roving so I can have fun dyeing it! I've been intrigued since learning about kool-aid dyeing and I want to try it myself. Now I just have to figure out what color I want to use. Anyway, I had a great time! I had a little bit of retail therapy that I needed and it was a bonus that it was fiber related. I didn't really think about the wedding or how much money we don't have. It was a perfect get-away. Now, onto the projects: I have some green yarn on a set of knitting needles that I don't know what I'm going to do with. Normally when I knit it's a scarf. With only 1 skein I don't know if I even have enough to finish something. Maybe I have enough for a cowl or just a neck warmer. Note to self: look for some buttons that might be cute to use with that yarn! I have a skein of red cotton. I came across a doily shirt/tank. I thought it might be fun to wear on our honeymoon. I'm doing good with the pattern and it's partly done, but I keep putting it down to start/do something else. I bought 3 skeins of Simply Soft ombre. The color combination is brown, purple, steel blue and dark gray/black. It's a really pretty combo. So far I've started a ruana and a sweater with it. The ruana is tunisian stitch which is going to take a lot more yarn and a lot more time. The sweater is coming along nicely. I've only done one sweater before and it didn't have sleeves. It was for my granddaughter. This one will be for my friend who is helping me out for my wedding. I would love to get her something really nice, but I don't have the money. I have 29 days before the wedding to get it done. Think I can do it? I've just recently found a cute pattern for a headband. I'm thinking of making a couple for my niece. I was thinking two or three different ones for a Christmas gift. I think they would look really cute on her. I have black and I was thinking maybe a sparkly white one and some kind of green. I guess I need to go to Joann's or Michaels (hey, it's "I love yarn" day today!) and see what they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home