Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Update

The last post was talking about the baby blanket I was making. I ripped it out and started over because I didn't like how it was going. It's hard to explain but in the blanket there are 3 rows of 3 squares each that hold a different stitch. I was going to make those squares a different color. Way too much cutting and splicing of yarn. So I tore out what I had done and changed my mind. I will do one row (including the squares) of one color, then the second row will be the second color and the third row will go back to the first color. I think it's going to look good. I'm getting very close to finishing the first color and moving to the second.

I got my yarn basket! I'm just thrilled with it and it holds everything I need. It's going to be wonderful to take to faire!

I finished my new tam. I was working with yarn called "Angel Hair" by Joann's. It is kind of a combination of regular yarn with a twist of "fun fur" around it. The yarn is white and the furry stuff around it is shades of gray and black. I ran out of that a few rows too short so I bought the black yarn that the furry stuff around it was white. I think it looks cool. Now, to find somewhere to where it. :)

The Model is progressing and I'm nearly to the 2/3 complete mark. Probably not by the end of the month but I'm doing real good with working on it regularly.

I started a new project for a contest. The fabric and thread were in my stash (hopefully it doesn't use more than a full skein!) and the chart was a freebie. I've added it to my challenge list.

That's about it for now. Not a whole lot of new or exciting stuff. I've been sewing a costume for faire so I've had less time for the stitching. Oh and I've been reading too, that takes time away as well.