Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Something to be excited about!

Tracy of Ink Circles released a freebie to the members of her Yahoo Group. It's called Ink Spot #1. She said she gave it to us as a somewhat "sample" to work before getting started on her new design "Growth Rings" which was featured in the Mar/Apr issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine.

As soon as I saw a picture of "Growth Rings" I knew I wanted to stitch it. But I wasn't thrilled with the earthy colors that were used. (Brown/tan, peach/orange/yellow, green was what I saw in the pic.) I immediately thought "dramatic" and wanted to use red and black. I also thought of where I would hang it in my house and thought blues and greens.

Then Tracy offered the Ink Spot freebie. I've started stitching it in red and black and it looks terrific! Now I get to look through my stash to find the blues and greens that I want to try out.

2 Comments:

  • I didn't even know she had a yahoo group! Can you share pics?

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 9:38 AM  

  • Ooh. How can I join the yahoo group?

    By Blogger Abi, at 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home