Confessions of a Floss Licker

Thursday, October 27, 2016

October 2016

As usual, my determination fails for me trying to post here regularly.  It has been a busy year, but that's really no excuse.  I just need to put it on my calendar and make time like I have to do with other things.
.
I waited a long time to get the first model of the year.  During that time I tried a new rotation but that fell apart.
.
I stitched a wedding sampler for my niece that turned out just perfectly!  I used the wedding colors and I got it framed in time to take to the wedding.  But I took it back home with me because they were headed out shortly after for their honeymoon.  I mailed it to them within the month and it arrived safely.  Now I'm just waiting for her to find a place to hang it in the house and send me a picture of it.
.
I'm on the second model of the year and I'm nearly done with the center/main part of it.  I have two more rows to go before getting started on the border.  If I'm lucky I'll be able to get a lot of stitching done this weekend and get a good part knocked out of what remains.

I've gotten this far on Mermaid and stopped.  I thought I had what I wanted for beads and such but the "charm" I had wasn't a "bead" and I had to look for something else to support my vision of what I want this to look like when she's done.  Also, there's a TON of beading on this and beading is not exactly my favorite thing.
Here is my Mickey and Minnie balloon ride.  In this pic I have finished the first 3 pages of the chart.  Yes, it's huge!  It has a total of 16 pages.  I am still working on this one, slowly.
.
I have finally started a Christmas ornament for an exchange that I participate in regularly, and I only have about a week to get it done before I have to mail it out.  Thankfully ornaments are small and this one is not solidly stitched so I should be on time.
.
And last but not least I started a little kit I picked up.  It's a ship in a bottle for DH.  I don't normally do kits but it was small and cute.  I think I'm about halfway done.  There's a bit of confetti in the sails so it's slowing me down.  I just need to make myself pick it up again and work on it.  Part of the problem is that it's white on white.
.
As for shopping, I mentioned last time that Stitch from Stash closed down.  I haven't been keeping track of my spending but I know it has been pretty small.  Most of my stash has been obtained from garage/estate sales.  I had one where I found a set of q-snaps and a couple others where I found some floss.  All in small quantities of course.  The rest has been floss obtained from Joann's either on sale or with coupons.  I picked up the JCS Halloween issue at our new WalMart.  The Ornament issue was sent by a friend.  Other than those I haven't gotten any new charts in some time.
.
On the crochet front:  I am making mermaid tails for my daughter and granddaughters for Christmas.  I have one done and two to go.  I need to buy the yarn to do the colors I want for GD#1 and I need to find the yarn I already bought to start for my daughter.  I also need to dig through my yarn stash to find my scraps to make one for GD#1's birthday.  Apparently she was a bit jealous when her sister got one for her birthday (that my daughter asked me to make).  I don't mind.  I love crocheting and making blankets!

1 Comments:

  • If you're trying hard to lose fat then you certainly need to try this brand new custom keto diet.

    To create this keto diet, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs joined together to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, suitable, cost-efficient, and satisfying.

    From their launch in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a smart keto diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones provided by the keto diet.

    By Blogger Blog27999, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home