Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm the new owner of a bulletin board!

As anyone who knows me and my habits at all, you would know that I'm a Rotation Stitcher. I have a hard time sticking with one project and one project only all the way through. I just get bored. With the design, the colors, whether there are lots of fractional stitches, confetti, or even large blocks of just one color. I get bored. So I move on to something that's totally different. I thrive on variety!

So when I saw the notice on the Rotation Stitchers bulletin board that the owner wanted to step down I thought this would be a great fit for me.

I'm passionate about my stitching. It's the second love of my life - my daughter is the first. :) I do believe that this is something I'll happily be doing until I leave this earth. It's very calming to me to put a needle and thread through fabric. There's anticipation and excitement starting a new project and the satisfaction in getting a project done. Not to mention giving a stitched gift and feeling the joy and appreciation from the recipient. (Especially giving something to someone you haven't gifted before. I gifted a friend for his birthday and he was quite appreciative of the time and effort I put into his project. He told me he thinks I'm quite talented and couldn't believe I did everything by hand including doing the framing myself.) :)

I also appreciate the historical aspect of it as well. It's a craft that's been handed down from generation to generation. I have taught my daughter how to stitch and my "2nd" daughter (child of best friends) stitches as well. I try to encourage them both as much as possible.

Honestly, I was very surprised when I got the response from the previous board owner telling me that I was the only one who "raised my hand" for lack of a better term. There are many in the stitching community and quite a few who are "chatting" on these bulletin boards. But I understand that everyone doesn't always have enough time to devote to something like this. If you're passionate then you make time. Which I guess is what I'm doing.

So if there's anyone out there who hasn't been there or is interested enough to check it out - I'm the new owner of the Rotation Stitchers bulletin board at Yuku.com. Our focus is our stitching and we use the Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated. And I hope everyone continues to contribute to the overall stitching community.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations and thanks for 'putting your hand up' as you phrased it. I've been hanging around the rotation BB for years and I'm glad you want to keep it going.

    Lisa in NZ

    By Blogger kiwiflowa, at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home