Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another finish!



We'll call this a second finish in two weeks. This is what I call Two Horses. I was making this for a friend's birthday. The black backstitching (mostly on the tan horse) is actually horse hair from my friend's horse's mane. (As I was petting her I took the loose hair off of her, it wasn't cut for this purpose.) I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out even though horse hair is not very easy to work with. Think metallic or blending filament. If you've ever worked with either of those two I just mentioned then you know what I mean. Anyway, I have a frame and now I have a mat and it'll be completely finished tonight and I can wrap it up.

1 Comments:

  • That HD is lovely, and I can't believe you stitched (er, backstitched part) with horsehair! How special is that! Lots of kudos to you :)

    By Blogger Suz, at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home