Confessions of a Floss Licker

Thursday, September 07, 2006

News...

I'll get to that in a minute. First I want to make note that the shopping spree didn't inspire me to stitch anything, which is a bit of a bummer. It just really brought home how much I already have in my stash and all the different projects that I want to stitch! I wish I had 3 more pair of hands and the division of brain to make them each work independently and concentrate on each project all at the same time. But since I don't, I guess I will have to stick to one project at a time. Sort of...

So on to the news - I accepted another model stitching job. It sounded fairly simple and when I got it in the mail it was small too. It's not interfering with the large model that I've got going because I'm waiting on instructions, whenever the designer has time to get to them. And if I were really wanting to work on this particular model, all I would have to do is count. (And count, and count, and count! But I would be able to work it just so far by myself if I did that.) I get to work with yummy hand-dyed threads and a pretty piece of hand-dyed fabric. Can we say 'happy girl'? Ok, well, that case of frogs once I really got into it was not fun, but other than that it's going well and I'm excited to be stitching again.

I did have a happy dance which, thinking of it just now, I realize that I didn't take a pic of it. It was a cow from the freebie website I got from Annette. I stitched the sheet-music cow for a friend. It turned out really nice and the frame job went quickly. I'll have to take a pic the next time I'm at that friend's house.

Other than that, I've got a crochet project that I'm working on at the same time. I've got a friend who wants a tam. I haven't crocheted one in a few years and it's taking me some time to get in the swing of things again. I'm also using a different kind of yarn than when I made the first one. I hope it turns out really well. Not that I'm going to spend all my time making them, but knowing how and being able to will just increase my knowledge and skill.

I'm going to be really busy for the next two or three days but I hope to get some stitching time in this weekend. We shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home