Confessions of a Floss Licker

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The 50 Project Challenge update

As of last night I finished #3 in the 50 Project Challenge. So far so good, three projects in a month. If I keep finishing 3 projects per month then I will be going on a BIG shopping spree in January of 2008! However, I'm not going to be able to keep that pace as the next couple of projects that I will be working on are quite larger pieces. I'm going to have to wait and see how my stitching time goes. Winter is coming on and theoretically I will have more stitching time because I will spend rainy weekends in the house stitching. However, I have been spending time the last couple of months with a guy that I'm becoming rather fond of. If this continues it's going to cut into my stitching time a bit. Again, it's going to be wait and see.

I'm going to be traveling soon and will be taking a couple of projects with me. (Can't be totally without any projects to work on even if I find I don't have time to work on them.) I'm hoping to at least get in a little stitching time here and there.

Progress: I stitched one more motif in Model #1. I've been taking a break on that one while waiting for the designer to give me instructions. However, there are some things I can do and I really do want to get this done. So I've picked it up once again and counted my way through to the next motif. This helps a lot because I've got two more in this band to do. I'm thinking about skipping to the next band because the next motif looks pretty easy. I think I can get a lot done, it's just picking it up with everything else I have to do. (to get ready for this trip)

3 Comments:

  • Susan, this is fantastic!!! Congratulations on getting those 3 done already!!!! Not to worry about how long, I'm in the same boat, it's going to take years, but that's okay too......it does help you fall in love with your stash again.

    I hope things go really well with this new fella. And yes, men do tend to cut into our stitching time, but some of them are worth it. Hope this guy is one of them.
    Hugs,
    Sandy (Over40momma)
    Wagon Bulletin Board

    By Blogger Sandy, at 3:30 PM  

  • Congrats on getting #3 project finished - woohoo! :D

    By Blogger Anne S, at 4:56 AM  

  • Congratulations on your progress! I feel the same way...it will be a loooong time until I get to go crazy with the purchasing of stash. I can imagine a heap of finished projects, so I know the wait will be worth it. Thanks for joining the challenge and the best of luck.

    By Blogger HasturTorres, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home