Confessions of a Floss Licker

Thursday, December 04, 2014

December 2014

Note to self: I must do a better job of blogging next year! So from August to now it's been much the same. Models to cross stitch and a few things for myself as well. I finished my Christmas Ornament exchange ornament (and mailed it) and now I'm waiting to receive mine. Pom pillow was getting great attention and I started Cypress Trees for my office. These have been set aside for now to concentrate on the models. I won third place for my cross stitch at the local festival and a second and third for my crochet blankets. I'm hoping to do better next year! Crocheting Christmas gifts - just a few. We'll see what I'm able to get finished. I really want to join the stitch from stash 2015 group. I did really good this year. From what I could remember to track I spent slightly over $125 of the $300 budget! If you count the "bonus" months then I think the total for the year was $400. Either way, I think I did pretty good. (I even had one month where I spent $0!) Regardless if I get to join, I will be tracking two hobbies. #1 will be cross stitch and #2 will be crocheting. My budget will be to not spend over $25 for either hobby for any given month. (Not that I have $50 a month to spend on hobbies - but I want to see what I actually do.) It shouldn't be too hard, until I need a gift or see a new blanket I want to crochet. (Darn emails!) Then I'm in the store buying a new crochet hook to go with the yarn (oooh, pretty!). I really need to control that better. Also, my husband (though I love him dearly) is no help. He will tell me "go ahead, you deserve it" and I give in. Luckily most of my crochet patterns I get for free on the 'net. Lionbrand, Red Heart, Yarnspirations, All Free Crochet, etc. So, plans for 2015: Cross Stitch: I'm hoping to get pom pillow done (and entered in the local festival and possibly in the State Fair) and maybe Cypress Trees. Also "Dead in Red" for a friend. And of course, more models. Crochet: I have the Red Heart Christmas Tree Throw (week two project from the 12 weeks of Christmas) in progress and I'm buying "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby. I'm only buying one skein at a time but I'm hoping they don't discontinue the color I'm using before I'm done! So part of my crochet budget will be going to that. I also want to figure out my Mickey Mouse Skirt as I have an outfit idea for Disneyland next year. I haven't seen a skirt pattern that I like so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to make one up and I'm not so good at that yet. (Hats, scarves and blankets I can create patterns no problem!) And anything else (gifts) that I didn't get finished this year for the grandkids. Well, that should get me a good start on next year! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

  • I just saw your blog on Stitch from Stash. I love the phrase floss licker. Makes me smile. PS: I'm a floss licker!

    By Blogger Dianne, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home