Confessions of a Floss Licker

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Working steady

I have been making slow progress on a couple of projects. I finished my fantasy/magic exchange piece on 6/1 and mailed it out the next day. After that I decided to make the model my focus piece to concentrate on getting it done and gone. I've had some great communication from the designer and I think I know where I'm going at least.

Book of Ink Circles is moving right along. The silk replacing metallic change has been so wonderful! The gold fill-in stitches are much more enjoyable. After frogging the entire knot at the top I only shredded two strands of color that I had to toss and the re-stitching of the knot is going fine. Once I get that done I can move on to the filling of the boxes of which I'm behind on.

I'm also moving forward on Castle Ridge. I've started doing some of the backstitching so as to not leave it completely for the end. It keeps looking better and better. I'm almost to the point where I only have rocks to do. I do want to get it done so I can finally give it to my sister.

Other than that, I'm waiting for the next part of How Does Your Garden Grow to be released. (Early next week?) And I pulled Dracolair's Medieval Tiles out of my WIP pile to work on that one for a while. LOTS of fractional stitches on that one!

I'm trying to be good and not start a new freebie - the new one from Sampler Cove Designs. I just received a new skein of Waterlilies (12 ply silk) Williamsburg and think it would be a great fiber to use for that design. I already have Williamsburg in what I think is Watercolors (3 ply cotton). I know they are basically the same shade but the medium is quite different. I wonder if I could somehow find a way to use both for this pattern. It calls for 2 skeins variegated and 2 skeins solid. If I decide to try this I think it's going to make an interesting project.


Post a Comment

<< Home